Not only is keyword optimization ideal for landing pages and all of your distributed written content, but it is also very important to make sure your entire on-page website is fully optimized and working together to bring you more leads and sales. However, there are particular aspects of a website that all businesses need to focus on in their website optimization for seo to achieve the best results.
On-Page Title Tags
Sometimes a business will overlook the small things and miss out on a big opportunity to rank higher on search engines. Fortunately, there’s a simple fix by adding your important keywords to your title at the top of your website.
Titles normally explain the current page the user is on and integrating one of your major keywords will help with keyword rank. It is also one of the most important things for website optimization. Some things to include in the title can be:
- Full name of your business
- Professional phone number
- Your most prominent keywords
Another very important, though often overlooked, area to focus your keywords in is the meta description of all your pages. You know those little snippets of information underneath a link on search engines that explain the website? That’s the meta description. Use it to entice your target audiences. The idea is to immediately sell the reader so that they click-through to your website.
When it comes to building your pages, headings are normally seen as H1, H2, and H3 tags. Did you know that headings are given higher rank on search engines than your actual website content your keywords put in?
Other important aspects of headings include:
- H1 tags will be the most dominant heading on your pages as they are the title of the pages.
- In order to break up content on your website, H2 and H3 tags come in handy and should organically include your most dominant keywords.
- Always bold or use italics for your headings on all of your pages using headings in order to break up content and make your website even easier to read and go through.
CSS Optimization and Domain Information
Even websites can have bloat that make them harder to crawl for bots and rank on search engines, but there are ways to make sure your website optimization fixes that. Here are some ways to do so:
- Keep your code organized and streamlined for faster recognition. A few ways of doing this is making a separate file for your CSS code or making sure all of the CSS is put in a single place that can be easily indexed all together.
- Make sure to keep all of your HTML very simple, instead of using fancier tags.
- Use emphasis in your code to help the crawlers identify important content.
Domain information is also very important for a website. Make sure your information is all up to date, constantly updated, and try to fill out everything for Alexa Rank, mozRank, and other website information.
Don’t forget about images! When you save images and place them into your HTML, remember to add keywords to the picture’s name. Don’t forget about the ALT text (that blip of info when a mouse hovers over an image), image title in HTML, and of course the file name of the image.
Finally, there are your URL’s structure. Yes, even keywords need to be included in your anchor text when linking out from other websites, a very streamlined link structure among your website that can be easily found by crawlers and utilize keywords, and there is the potential of permalinks. Content Management Systems allow you to make the headings of your posts and content permalinks, allowing for crawlers to put higher priority on your pages.